Welcome to Kattare
Kattare is dedicated to making Internet Hosting Services simple and affordable. We offer a variety of hosting services for individuals, businesses, web designers, and developers.
Kattare's primary focus is on Java Hosting (using Tomcat with Private JVM's) but we excel at hosting most of the Open Source technologies like PHP, Ruby, Perl, and Python.
For 18 years now we've been chugging away, serving web page after web page, hit after hit. The secret to our success?
We actually care.
Grand Central Station for your favorite Language
What is your language of choice?
- Extensive PHP 4.4, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5 Support with FastCGI and tons of modules
- RUBY support via RVM - Run whatever version you want
- PERL support via FastCGI with tons of CPAN modules installed
- JSP and Servlet support via Tomcat, Glassfish or JBoss
- MySQL support for versions 5.0.x, 5.1.x, 5.5.x, 5.6.x
- NOSQL via Couchbase
- PostgreSQL support for versions 8.x and 9.x
- Tomcat Major versions: 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- JDK Major versions: 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8
PHP - You choose the version!
When Kattare was founded in 1997 we cut our teeth with PHP 2.0. We've been doing PHP hosting since the begining of the modern internets.
Use any major version of PHP you wish, our web based interface allows you to select the version and backend engine to use on a per domain basis. You can also set the path to your php.ini file for total control over all your php configuration parameters.
Ultimate flexibility for the PHP enthusiast.
RUBY - Complete control!
Have you ever used RVM for RUBY? It gives you the ability to custom operate whatever RUBY version you want, with whatever GEMS you want. You can even setup multiple RUBY environments within the same account for development and testing. Run one app in one version of RUBY, and another app in another version!
Ultimate control. Ultimate RUBY power.
JSP - The rock of ages!
Kattare has been hosting Tomcat JSP & Servlet apps since the beginning of time. Well, not really. Just since version 3.1 was released in the year 2000. Whatever you want to do with Tomcat, we can help you do it.
Like any Connoisseur, We take our Java seriously.
PERL - Not for the faint of heart!
Run your PERL app a blistering speeds behind our FastCGI backed webservers. CPAN whatever modules you need to run your application and roll out your PERL application in record time.
We grok PERL. You grok?
We run beastly MySQL & Postgres DB servers. None of those sliced up, virtualized, cloudy, or vps'd instances that perform like a pile of... (you know what.) Our database servers run on BARE METAL. If your app uses a database, your app deserves to not be bottlenecked with poor virtualized performance.
We do SQL the way SQL was meant to be done.
So. Many. Cloud. Failures.
- Bad neighbor, watch out for that CPU "Steal".
- Network blip, sorry, your volume is unavailable. (EBS == iSCSI!)
- Whoops, EBS is down. No RDS today.
- Why am I getting traffic for other people's sites? Recycled IP's much?
- API's down, I can't spin up my servers!
- We'll be shutting down your server tomorrow, sorry. Better spin up a new one.
- Our firmware corrupted your volume, we apologize.
- Performance sucks? Just spin up another instance! You're bound to get a good one one of these times.
Like any poorly engineered and overly complex machine, the cloud is destined to crash, corrupt, and run out of wack. Don't play roulette with your data. Save yourself a nightmare, go dedicated.
Raise a glass to Sunny Days!
Some important tidbits!Bitcoin Payments Fixed - 5% Discount When You Pay With Bitcoin!
Mar 24, 2015 - 17:26 (PST)Kattare in Netcraft Ranked #6 for June
July 02, 2014 - 12:11 (PST)home3 file server maintenance tonight at 11PM PST
Sept 19, 2013 - 14:21 (PST)dc2-mysql-01 Outage
Mar 26, 2013 - 07:00 (PST)Kattare in Netcraft Ranked #2 for February
Mar 05, 2013 - 17:54 (PST)... see all news on the news page
Now Accepting Bitcoin!
If you've never heard of Bitcoin, it's time to brush up!
Bitcoin Crypto Currency is the way to buy online. Bitcoin is an experimental new digital currency that enables instant payments to anyone, anywhere in the world. Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority: managing transactions and issuing money are carried out collectively by the network.
Secure, digital, easy, global. Get started at bitcoin.org.